Saturday, October 13, 2007


Today marked the end of our fall wedding season at Saipua. The (now) newlyweds lucked out with the perfect fall weather, and one of the best venues for a small wedding in Brooklyn - Frankies 457, the one consistently delicious Italian restaurant on Court Street.

The groom requested St. Peters Porter bottles for the table arrangements - last night a few of us worked at emptying 10 bottles of it over several rounds of rummy. (I will admit I lost. Six months ago my card karma went out the window along with my knickname triple ace.)

Here are some photos from today. We mainly used dinner-plate dahlias because they are still stunning (and will be till there is a frost in the North East). Also black queen annes lace - one of my favorite flowers - seeded eucalyptus, and nigella pods. We also found some french anemones (a rarity this early in the fall).

Tomorrow I will do a season wrap up with more details of the late summer/fall events. I'm beat now, and its 7:12 so I'm locking up. Good nite.

No comments: