Thursday, February 7, 2008

I spent the better half of this morning reading back through Andrew Revkin's NYT column DotEarth. I generally avoid it for a few weeks and then binge - it's not light reading, and it tends to be quite grave...suddenly I heard jackhammering and my apartment started shaking! Out the window the parks department was removing a square of sidewalk...and PLANTING A TREE. I almost cried. 

Then I googled noosphere and global consciousness... but somehow I ended up at people.com.

***
This is a picture of a little candy colored bouquet I put together yesterday afternoon from some leftover flowers from last week. You can't see it but I tied it up with red/white bakery twine. Now I have Roy Orbison in my head "Candy Colored Clown they call the Sandman..."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys get the most amazing ranunculas there - lovely bouquet.
ours are small and shy...

P said...

Your blog is SCRUMPTIOUS! You do such wonderful work. I live in Brooklyn and will definitely visit your shop...

Anonymous said...

I saw you on Design*Sponge! How cool.

I was in touch with Andrew Revkin for my thesis but alas, we never got a chance to talk so I'll have to settle for his writings. Thanks for the reminder...

Anonymous said...

that was a happy thanks in my last comment!!

Jill said...

Just saw your guest spot on design sponge! I love all the photos, flowers, etc. Very inspiring. I feel like I've taken a mini-vacation. Congratulations!

Sarah Ryhanen said...

gale! I've been thinking about you! How is it going -- I'm sending you energies for thesis-finishing...