Tuesday, February 12, 2008


We've been upstate pillaging auctions the past few days. Got some fun little jams; two old crocks, crates of old ball jars and a very very very amazing victorian scrap book which I will shoot tomorrow to show you. It's really something else.

The weather in NY has got me dragging, and Eric wants to walk in the snow to Smith Street to return a movie we never watched. [What's up Tiger Lilly]
Sometime the prospect of dinner is what I need to pick up again. Two nights ago we made - hold onto your seats - Kale Quesadilla - a most unlikely pairing, but kids - this was hands down the best thing I've eaten in a while. So I'll tell you how I did it (even though I think there's a recipe floating around in one of the February food magazines, and I guess most people know how to make a quesadilla. well, anyway...)


1 bunch of kale - chop it - steam till tender - remove to collander to drain

2 cloves of garlic, minced - sauteed in a splash of olive oil in same pot. then throw the kale back in and continue to cook for a few minutes with a few pinches of salt, pepper and some grated nutmeg if you have it.

Then slice some sharp cheddar or jack cheese and warm up a griddle or another flat pan. Put 1 tortilla (I prefer a flour tortilla with this) down on griddle with some of the jack cheese and cook untill the cheese starts to melt. Place a handful of the cooked garlic/kale ontop of the jack then spread a good young goat cheese on a second tortilla and place on top to close the quesadilla. Flip it. Cook one more minute. Cut in wedges.

Serve with some salsa verde and lemon wedges. So, so good. So good for you. Well sort of.

2 comments:

marie said...

miam! ill have to try that

Danh said...

The quesadilla really sounds good. Might have t give it a try :D