Sunday, March 2, 2008

forsythia; harbinger of spring and other yellow.







[Forsythia/my bed/poppy closeup/chart of Winter Harbor, ME]

It's true that sometimes you notice a certain color more than others.

Which is a good thing, because usually I am drawn to black ... not a natural match for our aesthetic at Saipua. Not now at least.

This winter has been a real brute for me...I won't go into too much detail, other than to say I have the sudden ability to sleep late every morning (never before could I sleep past 8am) and that my winter blues are less charming than they have been in years past. But March is a whole new ballgame - it's going to be 50 degrees this week, I just unearthed my copy of Simon and Garfunkel Live in Central Park, and I have a compost bin to figure out (with two months' worth of kitchen scraps collecting in a rot bucket under our sink).

So onward!

5 comments:

shari said...

love all of these photos sarah.

marie said...

oh i love the forsythia..such a nice yellow!

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

do you travel to winter harbor? i have been going there since i was a baby. (a long time ago) we now own a house in prospect harbor, just 'round the corner. love the yellow. trying to force forsythia here!

Sarah Ryhanen said...

i've never been to winter harbor - but thinking about making an early spring trip up the coast of Maine, any suggestions on good places to see/eat/stay?

Jill said...

such nice bits of yellow! i finally decided to share my saipua soap with my family...it's making our bathroom (and us, i suppose) smell much better than usual! :)