Wednesday, June 25, 2008

[delivery from last week, coral peony with salmon parrot tulips and peach roses]

[Plant shopping at Rudolph's - a "perenial paradise" - upstate in Carmel, NY.]

HA! Now that I have your attention with frilly Saipua stuff, lets get on with it...

My recent obsession with the Eurythmics! I could jump out of my chair watching this live version from '89, its so damn good!


I woke up this morning with this song in my head.* Watch the original here (you have to! its so bizarre) complete with whats-his-name from John Waters' films dressed as an angel.

Unrelated, but equally interesting is the Arctic Hysteria show at PS1. Went on Monday to see the Olafur Eliasson, but was more taken with the mystical gems showcased as part of this contemporary survey of Finnish art. Veli Granö’s film; Meet You in Finland Angel was breathtaking - a documentary of a Finnish couple who believe their daughter was taken by aliens and raised on Sirius. Poignant, mystical, and beautifully crafted; the film takes you through their difficult and mundane lives to an end where they transcend to reunite with Mika.




*last night's dream: I'm shopping in a mall department store with Nicole Richie. she's complaining that her managers have cut a deal with some large retailer, and there are now several "Nicole Richie" discount clothing stores sprinkled around New Jersey. I sympathize. Then I advise her to buy a large Prada tote bag for $14,375.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the Eurythmics! going to throw on some roller blades and neon shorts and jam out!