Sunday, June 8, 2008

oasis

a bermuda heat wave hit us yesterday in NYC 100 degrees of unbearable-ness...or as my friend Barbara says; crotch-rot weather. I really don't do well in the heat. I think of Spike Lee style heat-induced violence, the city's taxed power grid, malamutes and Siberian huskies forced to walk around the steaming pavement...

But today a friend and I found an oasis on pier 41. Lime Ade, a waterfall and tropical foliage.



I would skip summer if I could and fast forward to fall ... where I would have the guts to cut all my hair off like Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby and be wearing these clothes.. and would never get nervous about wedding flowers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right, this hair stuff is for the birds.

Anonymous said...

i really really like the peonies you sent home with russell.
thanks,
sara

marie said...

im the same..i love autumn
heat is not so fun..especially in a city where there isnt an escape :)

kapcity said...

I am sooo feeling you on the heat. Its insane! I'm not a summer in the city girl...bring on the beaches!
Hope you are in some AC relief.