Friday, July 25, 2008

This water taxi thing that goes back and forth for FREE now between Pier 11 in lower Manhattan and Ikea in Red Hook has been hanging over my head for the past month since the whole shit started. Sometime in the last year I have developed a phobia of transportation entrapment, that is to say the fear that once on an airplane, boat, train, etc...I can't just decide to get off when I want to. Call me crazy. Don't actually...

So yesterday I conquered the 13 min. water taxi. A minor triumph in a string of triumphs...this coming from someone who never understood what anxiety really was. And I'm glad I did, because I had the opportunity to bear witness to the flow chart the woman next to me was making with her friend...a chart which detailed and linked the sexual escapades of everyone they knew. Next time your out on a boat circling lower Manhattan with nothing to do, there's an idea for you.

Last but certainly not least I will share the shear excitement of my purchases at Lyell; the tapsuit and 70's shorts. Happy birthday to me! Incidentally Lyell is having a sample sale this weekend at their nolita shop - cash only.

9 comments:

P said...

Happy birthday, Sarah! I hope you have a great birthday weekend and get lots of mileage out of it.

Fab job on your D*S posts...

Susan said...

Didn't you surreptitiously photograph the flow chart?

And, what would you like for your birthday....maybe a crossword puzzle book?

Anonymous said...

Which is precisely why it is important to be nosy. I've been trying to convince people of this for some time. Eavesdrop. Steal glances. Move a bit closer. You could just find the morsel of oddness that makes your life that much more interesting!! Voyeurs of the world, rise up!!
Happy birthday!!

17 beats. said...

that flow chart sounds SO 'L word'. i love it.

read me... said...

Hope you had a great birthday... ooh, Lyell is such a wonderful store... & that flow chart sounds hillarious!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sarah!

Anonymous said...

happy b-day. i agree with ashley.

L A M A R T I N É said...

last week i had to take a 45 min ferry ride then hop on a plane....my two biggest fears in one day.

hope you bought some flowers for yourself on your birthday!
-kimberly

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! the flow chart reminds me of a herbalism class i took, we'd match up our cycle with the phases of the moon... I didn't go back after that. enjoy your lyell