Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have been waiting for time warner cable since 10am this morning. it is now 1:50. I called. The woman said they tried to get in at 10:01. I said, "Well they lied." She said they said the door was locked. I said "No it wasn't. But perhaps the prospect of an egg and cheese on a roll sounded better than installing my cable at 10am." She said "Ma'am I can put in another request for hook-up." I said, "I have been sitting in my apartment all day eating brownies and listening to Gary Numan. I now feel sick to my stomach. I don't want another technician, I want free cable. And free internet. And I want all the episodes of Gossip Girl on DVD. So I can watch them in color."

She said, "Did you see the length of Serena's skirt last night???"

Even in b&w on a 6" monitor it was scandalous!!!!

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/11/gossip_girl_is_where_we_belong.html

xoxo

11 comments:

P said...

I find it distracting that all of the people on that show look like they're 35. I can't move on.

According to TimeWarner, the building where I used to live didn't exist. So I couldn't get cable. They seem to have a policy of only hiring bi-valves.

kapcity said...

I feel your pain!!! Time Warner is never on time!

Anonymous said...

I love Gary Numan.

Susan said...

Uh Oh. I missed gossip girl. I was packing.

So you still don't have cable??

I'm sorry.

Love from Fort Lauderdale!

M.

Unknown said...

haha, I thought that too! Why would you wear such a short skirt at thanksgiving with family? It barely covered her ass when she was standing!

17 beats. said...

nice fantasy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

ugh, time warner. don't get me started!

i wish i had a brownie...

karlene said...

been there. frustration. but the brownies sound good. Hey, when you get a moment, post a few of your favorite Christmas vignettes for us, love your style and would love to see what you would find. thanks. have a brownie for me too while you are at it. thanks.
:-) from Minnesota with love

Anonymous said...

yous sassy

Anonymous said...

cwtv.com/cw-video/gossip-girl

full episodes online (in color!). that's where i watch!

Anonymous said...

believe it is sadly coming to an end this morning. Last week on a solo trip upstate ทางเข้า sbo
ทางเข้า sbobetI grabbed Little Earthquakes for the car ride. On my third time through the album I was singing out loud, and had