Friday, May 1, 2009


sometimes i get this beautiful leggy clematis that comes all the way from japan. i was in japan once and there wasn't any clematis. there was a lot of horse meat. and strawberries that look like they are made out of plastic. traveling alone for a few days in kyoto i rented a bicycle and saw all kinds of crazy stuff. lost at dusk, I looked around at how beautiful everything was and forgot where I was. panic insued. then, like a mirage in the dessert, i found a starbucks and regained a feeling of presence and control.

6 comments:

LPC said...

That dizziness? Stendhal's Syndrome.

mk said...

I love Tokyo and I took this exact photo when I was there a loooong time ago. Love your arrangements. We met at Cursive right before you opened your shop.

ticklishfromadistance said...

Aaahhh. I can almost smell them! Beautiful.

Flower Design Events said...

Grest post, it made me laugh

P. said...

Thank God for Starbucks, our True North.

Janet said...

I stumbled into a horse meat restaurant in Tokyo ~ completely by mistake. I might have tried it if my travel partner hadn't been so freaked out! Beuatiful shot of Kiyomizu.