Tuesday, November 24, 2009

update




This was a centerpiece I made for a traveler who couldn't make it to Brooklyn to pick it up - since I had time to photograph it on Sunday, now more people can enjoy it...I used seeded eucalyptus (an entire case left from a wedding we did on Saturday) coccia, eucalyptus pods, miniature ecchevaria, ranunculus, spirea, privet and tallow berry...

Gearing up for our little Thanksgiving workshop tonight, a few orders for tomorrow - and then we're taking a week off [fist pump]...

In the next few days we'll be testing a version of our new website to those of you who have signed up for the Saipua newsletter...it will include a little soap discount if you help us test the software, there's still time to sign up by scrolling to the bottom of this page.

Also - Eric has been on an antiquing spree this month collecting junk - i mean ephemera! - for the shop. Just a reminder that we have more than soap and flowers....and you should come visit us when we re-open December 5!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think ecchevaria is so cool (aka hen and chick, right?)...

Unfortunately, I have a tendency to over-water and they always die on me...>:(

Anyhoo, I just rotate between my local nurseries so they won't know I'm a serial killer.

Megan Dempsey said...

Love that arrangement. Enjoy the time off!

Anonymous said...

Wow and double wow!

brandeye said...

my next trip to brooklyn is going to include a stop at your shop. now i just need to plan it.

bukmacher said...

nice,nice and once more nice,great

sepal and twig said...

beautiful! i always study the combos of colour and texture in your creations

Anonymous said...

A pop-quiz followed. It involved a carbon footprint comparative analysis between plibcbetastic and stainless steel. When I answered correctly, he ignored me. Now I'm sitting fireside perusing 350.org and Mother ibcJones while dad watches a video on youTube video about a man who is building a spaceship with instructions from