Tuesday, August 17, 2010

how we roll


Sometimes I make bouquets in the car.


As long as I'm not driving. I love not driving incidentally.


This is New York City! How exciting!!


Sometimes when I think about being a big fancy florist, I realize I like being a small florist. One who sometimes has to ribbon the bouquet in transit, on the way to city hall with friends...


Mlle Paradis said...

gorgeous pics, gorgeous flowers, great couple of posts. by all means, go make yourself a secret blog!

17 beats. said...

you can't write things like "on the way to city hall with friends" it made me scared that you eloped. and then who would i celebrate unwedded life with ?

i need to stop reading wedding blogs, for starters. did you ever read the poem i wrote about you a few days ago ? i found it rather charming, if i do say so myself.

Out of SPACE -- out of TIME said...

even in transit you can multi task and create beautiful floral gatherings

Kate Holt said...

i heAR YA! this is the year where i started to dream backwards...towards simpler days. I still tie ribbon in transit when necessary and love how you ROLL!

Pats and Danielle said...

When Danielle and I had to pull over under a bridge in downtown Milwaukee (we live in Chicago), just to tie ribbon on the bouquets, we thought the same thing. Besides- serious florists can't deliver orders 150 miles away in 6" heels then stop for beers on the way home (like we do).

Laurie (Fleurie) said...

I too am a ribbon in transit florist! I also finish the bouts and corsages spread out over my family room precisely at 3 a.m. almost every time!