Saturday, September 11, 2010

THEFT IN RED HOOK!

Dearest readers,

Dawn breaks on another wedding Saturday. I'm sitting here at 6:52 drinking coffee typing on Eric's computer at home to you out there reading ... what am I going to say next? It's hard to be clever at 6:53 ...

My friends I have to convey grave news, brace yourselves. My computer (and another shop laptop have been stolen) from our shop yesterday along with a drawer of cash. My little smudgy laptop with it's case cracks at the surface where wrist meets mac-plastic, with it's wonderfully crammed desktop and all my Saipua secrets - often held just beyond a spinning rainbow beachball.

I wish I had been coming back from lunch with Nea just as the fucker was sneaking out, she could have launched right for his balls and I would have kicked him in the face and told him to call his mother or something. I assume of course it was a man but you never know. This is no time for political correctness. MY ICELAND PHOTOS!

Fortunately we have an incredible IT guy (again, is there ever the IT-girl?) who just last week set us all up to automatically back up remotely to some sort of information rainbow cloud. We'll see if the last backup was after I uploaded 3000 photographs of moss covered hills and magic icelandic ponies.

I should go finish some flowers at the shop. I made the coffee too strong and it's bitter.

Till soon, all yours -
Sarah

19 comments:

sk said...

AAAAAAgggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!! That kind of stuff makes me CRAZY. So sorry to hear about the theft. Hope we get to see your photos-- that blue glowing iceburg was such a teaser!

ashley english said...

CURSES UPON THE LOUSE! so sorry, sarah. i hope your IT wizard can work some magic for you.

Nidhi said...

:( that's terrible. I really hope the backup works. what kind of mean person steals from saipua?!

LPC said...

Well that totally sucks. So sorry.

Desi McKinnon said...

That is truly terrible. I'm so afraid of this very thing. I would completely freak out.

Whenever I have something stolen I always try to comfort myself by thinking "I guess they needed ________ more than I did." It's not much of a comfort, but it helps.

cls said...

you are so sane and full of perspective about it!

I hope insurance takes care of whatever the IT wizard doesn't. Bon courage!

R.G. said...

oh no! really sorry to hear about this.

Sealicious said...

I'm so sorry that is always one of the shittiest feelings!! I hope the photos survived if not you'll just have to go back right away to take more!

What Possessed Me said...

Holy shitballs. I'm so sorry - what an awful thing to happen. I hope you get your pictures and magic back. xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Damn! Forget about the coffee, this whole thing must leave a bitter taste. So sorry- hope you're able to recover your photos!

Anonymous said...

So, so sad. Hope things improve soon.

Josephine said...

how awful! i hope your important files are recovered. my fingers are crossed for you!

mergeran said...

sending magic positive technology thoughts your way!

Inessa said...

How awful too loose your computer with all your information on it and even worse to have someone break into the shop while you were out. I'm so sorry that's pretty shitty.

Lisa said...

Ack, that's terrible. I'm glad the backup worked and you're up and running again.

Fleur said...

My laptop was stolen out of my office last October. It was h e a r t b r e a k i n g that I lost some really precious stuff. I hope your backup works!

margaret said...

holy shit that sucks. I hope you can recover them. I hear about about backing up the pix, though.... i am a floral designer, too, and this has happened to me before. ugh!

ellyy said...

Glad to hear that Time Machine was there to save the day!

That laptop thief is lucky that Saipua doesn't have a crafty garden gnome in their employ that tracks scoundrels like them down and squeezes poison ivy sap in their tea.

Coriander Girl said...

Lady! I have a similar story and I feel your pain. It's such a sickening experience to lose the photos especially. My computer suffered from a water leak in the shop ceiling. When I rented the space I remember thinking how charming the cracks were. For shitsakes!