Friday, September 24, 2010

Porcelain Vine


IMG_8732

IMG_8735

i gave up superlatives a long time ago. they're so contrived and boring! i pride myself on changing my mind frequently - and, on a dime*

IMG_8733

asking a florist about favorite flowers is just insensitive. how would i possibly choose? as a sister , I remember asking my mother who she liked better. over and over again waiting for her answer. it's sort of a similar scenario.

IMG_8722

nicolette and I had the favorite flower showdown last year over the course of three weeks and countless arguments and emails. it came down to three choices and an if-you-had-to-choose-stuck-on-a-desert-island sort of ultimatum...any guesses?

IMG_8694

but here, the topic of my note to you; porcelain vine. today, this week - FOR NOW my favorite thing. it boggles my mind - the color, the speckles i almost can't stand it. in fact I hoard it. all wound up in a black plastic garbage bag in the cooler. yesterday i finally let it out.

IMG_8684

*aquarius moon

and today, i miss-assigned our new intern Jacky as a virgo when she's really a leo.
whatev's, I'll be keeping my day job. but speaking of interns, I'm looking for another if you or someone you know is interested...have them email me.


13 comments:

Libby said...

but virgos and leos are similar in a lot of ways (at least that's how i, as a virgo, feels), so i say you could've been further off.

17 beats. said...

they are pretty little things, those berries.

jin.e.king said...

i would love to intern! unfortunately i live in engalnd and have a job, so not much chance of that :(, gorgeous flowers as always btw.

Judith of Felicity Crew said...

I have never seen vines like these! Love them, need to find them over here...

ellyy said...

I wish I could intern but I'm in Australia and that would make the morning commute to work pretty impossible!

I love how those porcelain vine berries almost look like little robin's eggs. They also look great when they change colours. I'd love to see you do an arrangement with multicoloured pine berries! :)

Kate said...

I've never seen porcelain vine berries before, but I'm all sorts of smitten! I want those in my living room right NOW!!!

Inessa said...

love those ice blue berries they look like glossy ceramic. It is hard to pick one favorite for many things. Such as seasons, places to travel too, favorite shoes and so on.

Lisa said...

Wow, incredible color. It's as if Tiffany created a plant.

And So I Whisper said...

Lovely photos and colors

studio choo said...

wowee gorgeous.

Unabashed apparel said...

- I love your arrangements. Love them. And I have had a love/hate affair with Porcelain Berry Vines for sometime. Love the way they look, hate that my woods are overrun with their little exotic invasive selves.

lbc flower delivery said...

Cool! I also want to have "Porcelain Vine" Anyway, the flowers in your "Porcelain Vine" are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.


-yumi-

Carole Gernes said...

I'm not sure where you are located, but you should know that porcelain berry/ porcelain vine is an invaive species in many areas of the United States. Please check your Department of Agriculture or Natural Resources (or just look it up online) before buying/planting new and interesting plants. Some are even spread by animals if used in outdoor decorations. Thank you.