Monday, September 13, 2010





I have a new computer, and by the miracle of TIME MACHINE it looks now just like my old one, minus the cracks and chocolate smears, minus half my Iceland photos and some good flower footage, gone forever to the void of theft. Anyway I am typing away on it - have been since 7:30 this morning, Vacation with a capital V seems like an distant idea I had. The phone rings and I ignore it.

The question that possesses my attention this very minute is not whether I'll ever get through 300+ emails, but whether it is a good idea - a good, kosher idea - to eat half my burrito from yesterday at 9:34 am.

Above are some pictures I took back in the spring for the August issue of Food and Wine. Dahlias, black basil, ranunculus, scabiosa, fritillaria and some little violets... I'm now off to collect remnants from Saturday's wedding. It feels exactly like a Monday should.

5 comments:

Kate Kelleher said...

magical flowers, shame about your computer, the thief will get their comeuppance, and yes you should eat the burrito, any food from yesterday tastes better for breakfast. (apart from a vindaloo)

Maggie said...

Completely beautiful--these look like something out of a Renaissance painting (though I don't remember ever seeing dahlias in a Renaissance painting...).

Megan Dempsey said...

Your first photo looks like a Dutch still life - gorgeous!!

sk said...

Those pictures are STUNNING! Something right out of Gourmet, for sure. Nice work!

Michelle said...

Fuck that guy! Yeah for Time Machine!!!! Yeah for you!