Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Friday.

takehome

A simple thing I made to take home a bit ago. I love coleus so much - this is a variety called "marmalade..."

No it's not, I just made that up. I don't know what variety it is.

And I didn't take this home, because as I look around this morning, it's no where to be seen
It's not wilting in the corner with sludgey water stewing like pea soup as it should be in my house which is clocking in at a friendly 92 degrees at 9:00am.

This arrangement got tossed I guess. Where is it right now? mixed with other Saipua debris in a big plastic bag in or on it's way to a landfill to steam and putrefy under 100 thousand tons of waste.

It's hotter than hades here and I'm cranky as all hell.

10 comments:

shedilly said...

As you well know, summer is not your best.

liz said...

it's 104 here in tejas, and even the succulents are wilting. october can't come soon enough.

LPC said...

I wanted to see that bottom coleus leaf wilt and wither and die. It did, in my imagination.

17 beats. said...

you always cranky, yo. though i too am sick of the heat and constant stench of pee-pee round these parts.

vanessa rutter said...

wow, LA feels cool for once.

Alice and Stuart said...

cranky pants. you're not alone. promise. at least you can fit into your pants. we miss you as well. been thinking how the concrete jungle must be rough right now as it's pretty damn rough here. feels like some kind of armageddon. but we do it to ourselves, right?

Unknown said...

SO hot here in NYC! Hope it cools down for the weekend!

Pam said...

ugh - so sorry about the heat my dear. hey, how does coleus do as a cut stem when its not 8000 degrees? Have been wanting to use it for a while.

seesaw said...

those are some beautiful peonies.

tiendas eroticas said...

Really effective data, thanks so much for this article.