Monday, July 14, 2014

hashtag flowers hashtag wedding hashtag brooklyn


IMG_0962





melissa and casey2


We fired up the SAIPUA wedding machine in Brooklyn last week again and let me tell you how smooth that shit runs. Purrs like a big kitten...

IMG_0855IMG_0869

I spend a lot of my time working on Worlds End stuff; when I come back to pull together the flowers for an event I'm always surprised by the professional tactics the girls have up their sleeves. Like pre-ironed linens or a 16 foot refridgerated truck. To buy flowers they have one of our crew pick me up and drive me to the market. There was a time I would bus-to-train it to market. Which was fun in it's own way - ever ridden the subway with armloads of flowers? Great way to meet people.

melissa and casey3
IMG_0982We never have to work late anymore. The arrangements are tucked in and the studio swept (!) by 6pm.

We're finally able to cut some serious flowers from the farm at Worlds End and I brought down foxgloves, clematis, currants, yarrow, ninebark and astilbe...I bought the most gorgeous sweet peas from Ariella's Zonnderfeld Farm.

melissa and casey4

I started writing this from the apartment. It's around the corner from the studio in Red Hook. It's dingy in that way that old city buildings are, the corners, the windowsills can never be clean. The dust builds up and solidifies and then you just paint over it. Every time I come back I pick up pieces of the ceiling that have fallen. It's filled with all of our old stuff. A random gaggle of house plants that we miraculously keep watered between visits. It is where our record collection lives. When I met Eric he was 25 and I was 19. I bragged to all my friends about how I was dating an older man. He had a room in a house that was filled with obscure magazines and jazz records. The posters on his wall were vintage and framed. I had never heard of Charles Mingus or Thelonious Monk.

IMG_0915

IMG_0953
After the wedding on Friday I came home and threw around half a dozen records trying to find the right one.
Ella; no
Bonnie Rait; no
Grace Jones; def no
Neil Diamond; no
Judee Sill; no

Albert King, I'm in a Phone Booth, Baby ...
I prepared a very large, considerably undercooked steak which I devoured leaning at the counter half dressed. It is hotter than hell in the apartment. I have an old shitty fan called The Hawaian Breeze; it was kicking in the corner blowing dust around. My feelings for red meat after weddings are vampiric.

Cocteau Twins; no.
Boards of Canada.

You know who knows a lot about music? Deanna/aka/SoundsDisatrous. She has a radio show on Tuesday nights from 9-10 pm you can live stream it and prank call her here: http://bel-air.org/

She's gonna play some Vandross, you gonna take your pants off.

IMG_0808


53 comments:

Ashley English said...

You know what would've gone nicely with that steak? Rod Stewart!!!;^)

bc said...

(Rod) singing "ooh la la" from his Small Faces era.
Ooh la la was pretty much my reaction to these photos, all of 'em

Caitlin said...

How wonderful that the logistics are so smooth and you can use your own flowers right now I wish I could see this all in action, it sounds like a beautiful floral sympathy :)

Lia said...

Love Love the mix of pots, glass, wood, and probably my favorite votives...

Jen said...

"She's gonna play some Vandross, you gonna take your pants off" is for the ages. Just listened to one of her shows and I'm indebted to you for that and for this blog which always makes my day when it magically appears.

Unknown said...

You are fantastic.

Holly Rutt said...

25 with Jazz posters framed ... how devinely refined!

Dorota Narwojsz-Szal said...

Baroque delight!
Magnificence!

I love it ...

Pozdrawiam z Polski :o)

Send Flowers To Delhi said...

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

isabelle said...

I am well and truly mesmerised by the beautiful photos on this blog (as well as the lovely writing). In fact, I have added you to my blog roll.

IRIS LEONHARDT _ // SKULPTUR said...

Magical Moments around you. Just wonderful.

hyderabad online florist said...

Good post.Thanks for sharing this post this post is very helpful for my work. send flowers to hyderabad

Sophie McCorry Day said...

I love how this wedding looks like the manifest brainchild of Willem van Aelst and Aidan the carpenter of SATC...

In other words, glorious.

count buckula said...

I tried calling Deanna on her show once after she played Wu Tang, and she never picked up.

Unknown said...

One of my friends is getting some really nice floral arrangement for their wedding. That's my wife's favorite part. I can see why, with your flowers! Those are some really nice arrangements. Thiago | http://www.fasanflorist.com

Ann said...

Your work is devine; it warms my soul to see the extraordinary designs you come up with! Just want you to know how much your flower photos brighten my day every time I take a few minutes to check out your blog.

Spaces home said...

Buy king size premium bedsheets, bed-linen, comforters, quilts & cotton towel online in India from Hygrocomfort by Spaces.

Send flowers and gifts to Philippines said...

Very nice wedding arrangement! Love all the flowers that you have used.

v said...

These photos are everything!

I also think you might like this…

http://etsy.me/1ySbzw5

Send Flowers To Mumbai said...

hey saipua that flowers arrangements you have use for decoration its superb thanks for sharing with us.. Mumbai Online Florist

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a great article and it's helpful for everyone. Great Post! Send Gifts To Delhi

Hyderabad Online Florist said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this great article and its superb thanks for sharing with us.urgent assignment help

Unknown said...

Hi Saipu, You are providing a good information about, online flowers, hyderabad flower gifts, Florist in Hyderabad, online florist in hyderabad, and etc. Thanks for sharing these information to me.

Flower Delivery said...

Great post.. Thanks for sharing.



Send Flowers To Mumbai said...

I Like Your Post Really truly beautiful photos on this blog Thanks for Sharing us...

Send Flowers To Pune said...

i really like your post and i do appreciate your willingness to give important information and tips.

Bangalore Online Florist said...

Thanks for sharing such a great article and it's helpful for everyone. Great Post!

Buy Online Christmas Gifts In Delhi said...

its a very good article thanks for sharing with us.

Newzpot said...

http://www.newspatrolling.com and http://www.bigshoptree.com

work with us and get 20% commission

Send Flowers To Delhi said...

Really Great blog wonderful post. thanks for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

am so happy to read your this blog your such a great job am so impress to read your this blog thanks to sharing us.Send Flowers To Hyderabad

Unknown said...

such a good work am so impress to see your work thanks to sharing us great work keep it up. Valentine Day Flower Delivery In Delhi

Unknown said...

such your blog is so fantastic blog thanks to sharing us Valentine Day Flowers To Mumbai

Unknown said...

such your blog is so fantastic blog thanks to sharing us Valentine Day Flowers To Mumbai

Unknown said...

i like your blog thank you so much Same Day Valentine Day Flowers Delivery

Unknown said...

Online flowers delivery in gurgaon an excellent choice is convenient shopping experience that they are always known to provide their customers. Any personal data that you share with them are absolutely safe so that you can place your order and pay the way you are most comfortable with. You can also pay with your credit or debit card and pay cash on delivery service is also available for gurgaon residents. For more information visit- http://www.floralcountry.com/Send-flowers-to-gurgaon

Unknown said...

your blog is so restringing i like it and thank your to sharing us Valentine Day Flowers To Mumbai

Unknown said...

Nice Blog Thanks to Sharing me Valentine Day Flower Delivery In India

Unknown said...

i like your blog and how dose not like your blog i mean to say all are like because your blog is so useful to us Valentine Day Flower Delivery In Delhi

Unknown said...

such a nice blog thanks to sharing me Delhi Online Florist

Addison pf said...

pinaygifts provide the flower delivery Philippines and flower delivery manila. send gifts to philippines using our great services. flower delivery philippines, send flowers to philippines, flower delivery manila, flower shop in makati, send gifts to philippines, flower shop in manila, send flowers to Philippines.

Unknown said...

Thanks for suggesting wonderful gift ideas.
Navaratri Return Gifts Online | Wedding Return Gifts Hyderabad

Buy Flower said...

Such A Nice Blog Send Flowers To Delhi

Unknown said...

Nice information on your blog. Keep it up..I have also visited a site of nandigifts Return Gifts | Indian Gift Shop Online

Unknown said...

such a great blog thanks to sharing to us Send Flowers To Pune

Unknown said...

such a beautiful flowers blog thanks to sharing us Udaipur Online Florist

Unknown said...

such a great blog thanks to sharing us Send Flowers To Noida

Unknown said...

Such a best blog for flowers delivery

Online Flowers Delivery
Flowers by post
Send flowers online

FashionBuzzIndia said...

Nice and quite interesting posting about flowers ...


send flowers to kota with a amazing experience ever you had ....

Unknown said...

Thank You for sharing this blog this is really good and Its Helped for many i like Send flowers to Delhi

Unknown said...

Great Post. Really it will help lot of people. Thanks for the post.
Send Flowers To Dehradun

Unknown said...

Thank you for such nice information, It was good to get to know this valuable information through this post.
Wedding Return Gifts | Navratri Return Gifts