Saturday, October 11, 2014


martagons_currants_yellow


IMG_1318

IMG_1427

IMG_1582

IMG_1426

WORLDS END TREND REPORT: YELLOW, Nicotiana (varieties 'chocolate smoke' and n. Langsdorffii green'), Martagon Lilies, 'Seattle' dahlias, Champagne Currants, Honeysuckle (there's a variety -I forget now- that is immune to mildew that I love), Maremmas, striking layer hens, struggle, tantrums, grilling.

Again, I feel like there's so much more to say but for now I trust you'll take these pictures from August. It's 5:45 am I'm drinking coffee in bed camped out at an inn in Marthas Vinyard waiting for the sun to come up so I can go finish decorating the wedding for one of my dearest ex-interns. The color palette? Yellow! To hell with soft peach and blush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To hell with Dusty Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodbye hot house grown 'Juliet' Roses ... FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, consider marking your calendars for our first BULB SALE at the studio November 1st... We're trying to raise money to put in our Martagon Lily order, which - oops! is $10,000. My dealer was like 'yeah, you picked some fancy lilies' and I was like "yeah' and threw up the Worlds End gang sign.
Over the phone.
Nevermind.

first-flyer

8 comments:

LPC said...

I turned my back on dusty miller ages ago but I've still got the hots for a Juliet rose - in the garden, if that makes it any better. I hope your intern has a wonderful wedding. Best wishes to the marrying lovers.

Jo said...

Is that tiger lily up there? Those sexy babies grow wild on the creek banks around here.

claire e miller said...

I like your attitude. You're my kind of lady. I'm sure if I lived in NY we'd be friends.
I know nothing about flowers, I'm a chef in Portland OR. But I like nice things and other salty ladies. And I can really relate to you. Just cranky enough (this is NOT an insult), like me. And I'm in my late thirties and asking myself a bunch of hard questions. And it sucks. But it'll pan out. Thanks for the blog lady. I'm rooting for you.

Unknown said...

Yup, yours is pretty much the best blog ever.

I've got a packet of the chocolate smoke seeds I'm hoarding for next year's garden--I figured I needed more Nicotiana in my life.

martine said...

always a beautiful moment to come to your blog, amitiƩ, Martine

lorena said...

Bello blog...felicitaciones....¡¡¡¡
Podra enviarme boletines....¡¡¡¡
Gracias
loredana2607@gmail.com

Blumenzwiebeln said...

Hello your blog is sharing great information. Thanks for share this blog, Superblumenzwiebeln providing best Flower in Netherlands.
Blumenzwiebeln

Flower Delivery said...

very awesome blog.. Thanks